Hey Guys!! I'm back, the reason I have been away for so long is that I realized the PRESSURE of 6th-grade final exams. Now I know what your thinking " there's a lot worse to come " but it's a big deal for me!!! Now that my vacation started I'm OFFICIALLY FREE!! So the first time I wrote my English exam I was asked to write a short story, but I made it a cliffhanger, and so in my free time I have been continuing my story and now I have 2 and a half chapters!!! don't laugh, 2 and a half chapters are almost 3500 words! It takes a looong time to write!! anyway after much, much, much, pushing from my mom and friends I decided to post my story!!! (BTW it's Fantasy so no facts) So now I will be doing my story one Saturday and my usual art tutorial the next.
Hope you guys enjoy it, tell me what you think!
With love from,
❤Anushka
Chapter 1: The Child No One Ever Saw...
“It is the child no one ever saw!” exclaimed a man. 12 years ago the child was left abandoned on his own at the town square. Then disappeared at night. For the first time in 12 years, the child that no one ever saw was out in the open. He looked pale, thin, and hungry. His hair was short, messy, and almost black but you could see it was brown in the sunlight. His eyes were a piercing blue-green color, and under them, the bags indicated his lack of sleep. He was dressed in rags, that had become brown with dirt over the years. After so many years of staying indoors, he had gotten used to the darkness but now for the first time the bright sunlight hit his eyes and he shied away. When he finally looked up he saw a crowd of villagers around him. He had been locked up in the royal cell for 12 years and finally, he was free, but he had one question racing through his mind over and over again. Why?
Why would the king lock up an infant for 12 years, and finally let him go on the same day they found him 12 years ago? Who would do that to an orphan who knew little to nothing?
Amid the crowd stood a little girl, who did not know how but felt as if she knew the boy from a long time ago. So the brave little girl called Lizzie took a deep breath and shouted “Who are you?” over the noise of the crowd clamoring. The crowd fell silent, all eyes were on her. The boy did not answer, instead, he wrote something on a piece of paper and pushed it into her hand as he moved through the crowd. Past the town square and into the market he vanished. As the crowd dispersed slowly, Lizzie opened the note and scanned it. It read “Today 7 pm by Big Ben”.
At exactly 6:50 that evening Lizzie managed to slip past her mother while she was scolding her twin brothers Nicholas and Gustav (They merely grinned at each other). She walked through the chilly London night air until she reached Big Ben. She looked around and saw no one. She checked the time. 6:58. 2 more minutes she thought. 2 minutes later still no one, or so she thought. Suddenly out of the shadows emerged the pale thin boy. The child no one ever saw. “My name is Oliver and you’re Lizzie right?” Asked Oliver. “Yes but how do you know my name?” demanded Lizzie. “I am your brother” responded Oliver calmly.
“What?!” said Lizzie. “No I have a brother 2 in fact, you can’t be my brother. I am meeting you for the first time today,” said Lizzie. “No,'' he replied, “ 10 years ago I was taken to the royal dungeons when I was 2 but I would never forget your face. The face of my baby sister. You were adopted by some family while I was left to rot in the dungeon”.
“ No, no I have a family you see I will go and ask them and then I’ll get you for telling such lies, how could you be so cruel? Come with me” she answered and then dragged him by his hand. Oliver remained expressionless. Once she reached home she went straight to her mom and asked “This boy says I’m adopted I’m not right?” One look into her mom’s eyes was enough to understand. “No it can't be.” she muttered, “NO!” she screamed. She grabbed her stuff and ran out. She did not stop until she and Oliver reached Big Ben. Then she broke down crying. She sat there beside Big Ben weeping uncontrollably. She had always felt different but she had brushed it off.
After a long, uncomfortable silence Oliver hugged Lizzie after 10 long years. “ Are you okay?” he asked. ”Apart from realizing that I’m adopted, yeah I think so,” replied Lizzie.
Slowly Oliver helped her up. “Let's find a bench to sleep on,” said Lizzie. Then she took one last look at the night sky before falling asleep.
Lizzie awoke the next morning to the loud sounds of the city awakening slowly. After sitting up she went and awoke Oliver. “Wake up lazy bones,” said Lizzie.“Wat, no, no 5 more minutes,” said Oliver drowsily. This continued for a while until Lizzie shook him so hard he thought an earthquake was coming. Annoyed by the way he had been woken up Oliver continued to be grumpy while Lizzie went to look for food. She found a kind baker willing to help them out. Oliver cheered up at the sight of food and ate a proper meal after 10 years, Lizzie barely had enough left.
Then they started their journey to the king’s palace. Over breakfast, Oliver explained the whole story to her and made it quite clear that they needed to go there to get some answers. So they set off on their new mission.
They walked for a long time but the journey to the Palace was a long one. So they traveled halfway and stopped for the night. Throughout the night Oliver was restless he kept thinking he heard something and once or twice he even saw shadows, finally around midnight he fell asleep. When they awoke the next morning, they weren’t in the streets of London, they were surrounded by soldiers. Oliver had a sinking feeling that he knew where he was, Dungeon number 12, his birthplace.
Slowly Lizzie stirred and when she saw where she was, she screamed, and the guards just laughed, like they loved hearing that. It was going to be a long day.
After what seemed like hours, they heard the sound of the cell door opening. A guard came in and said in a burly voice, “The King will see you now.” They had no choice but to follow the guard. They arrived in a huge room decorated with red and gold. On a grand throne sat the King. He was well built, with blonde hair and blue eyes, on his waist was a belt, the belt had a dagger and a pouch on it. He smiled in a creepy, knowing way. “Hello children,” he said. He had a deep, confident voice. “You monster” shot back Oliver. “Why would you do this? We're only children” Oliver said his voice breaking. The King just laughed and signaled the guards to hold Lizzie. One of the guards held his sword to her neck. A drop of red liquid fell to the floor. That’s when Oliver lost it. His anger had been building up and now he could bear it no more, they were trying to hurt his only living family, they had crossed the line. Then came an unexplainable moment were Oliver, rose into the air and chanted some gibberish, it was like the words just came to him. A guard slashed his sword at his feet and Lizzie lost it too, no one could hurt her brother, and live. Together both of them rose, their eyes glowing, Lizzie’s blue and Oliver’s red. They circled, reciting verses in an ancient language that humankind had lost the ability to speak. A purple blast shook the palace. Suddenly Oliver and Lizzie were not in the palace, they were free-falling into the desert.
Lizzie awoke in a panic. She could feel the wind rushing against her. She looked around for Oliver and shook him awake. Oliver was out cold. Lizzie remembered the purple blast. She desperately tried to do something to stop them from falling, but no such magic flowed through her. 10 feet away from the ground, she gave up. Was this really how it was going to end? She closed her eyes and prayed for a miracle. She opened her eyes and then came the miracle they had been waiting for. A brightly robed figure appeared. He wore traditional Indian clothes. He conjured a bed out of thin air. Lizzie felt the hard thud she had been waiting for, but no life draining out of her. She looked up weakly, and saw a blurry figure, then closed her eyes. Oliver awoke, in a dark cave. He was wondering how he got there when a voice called from the shadows, “Good. You’re up” “Who are you” Oliver whispered into the darkness. “I am Raja”. Out of the shadows emerged an old, tall man, his dark hair matched his eyes, and he looked wise. Oliver looked around, there were lots of shelves with bottles, filled with all kinds of liquids. All of them either fizzing, foaming, or bubbling. Potions thought Oliver. He looked at his sister, she looked fragile and in much worse shape, she needed rest. “Where am I,?” he asked. “Rajasthan” Raja replied coolly. “So once Lizzie is okay we can go?” asked Oliver. “No, each Magician needs to make their own portals to move, so you both need to rest,” Raja said. “Wait you called me a Magician, I’m just a boy.” “No” replied Raja “You are the descendants of the royal bloodline, everybody knows, all Indian royals are Magicians”. “ But how did I end up in Britain then?” said Oliver. Raja seemed troubled by the question, a pained expression appeared on his face, but he just said “Go to sleep you need rest”.
Comments
Post a Comment